SEA LIFE Operations Team Lead acts as a point of contact between associate MCs and the Operations Supervisor. Works alongside associates and may provide breaks and meal periods. Requires high visibility in the Aquarium and needs to be very accessible to the team to handle issues as they surface. Supports the department Supervisor in the day to day running of the area and in maintaining the high standards of SEA LIFE operation. Perform Duty Manager shifts as needed.
Background and Experience:
Must have full/flexible availability. Must have demonstrated leadership abilities. Requires excellent skills in guest service. Self motivated and demonstrated initiative. Leads by example with a demonstrated history of supporting colleagues and MCs. Practice of both leadership and management skills. Strong problem solving skills and dedicated to providing outstanding guest service. Requires the ability to remain calm under pressure. Requires strong organizational skills with a good attention to detail. Background in aquariums is a plus; Passion for animals is required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
1. Trains new MCs as well as certifies and checks out new MCs on admissions, touch pools, education stations, and other duties as they arise.
2. Observes MC and provides feedback to Supervisor on counseling issues, reward potential, and performance reviews. May provide on the spot coaching to MCs as needed, records activity in the MC contact logs.
3. Learns all 610 and 60 duties and performs duty shifts when needed.
4. Willing to learn all positions, shows and educational talks within the aquarium (with the exception of puppeteer) to ensure that all positions can be covered on a daily basis.
5. Available in the area to deal with crowd control or guest issues as well as to handle area issues as they surface. Stays extremely visible on the floor for both guests and MCs.
6. Performs minimal maintenance work around the building such as changing lights, using a screwdriver, painting, etc.
7. Observes MC and provides feedback to Supervisor on counseling issues, reward potential, and performance reviews. May provide on the spot coaching to MCs as needed, records activity in the MC contact logs.
8. Walks the Aquarium upon arrival, periodically throughout the day and at end of shift to establish areas of focus for the team. Spends time in the areas to ensure operating procedures are adhered to and followed at all times.
9. Leads and assists with all opening procedures in designated areas, and ensures that the areas have been properly stocked and MC check lists are completed at start of day. Informs of any irregularities that need to be taken care of before next day opening.
10. Assists with HR recruitment and checking payroll hours.
11. Organizes cleaning stock needed and orders from warehouse to ensure full stock for next day.
12. Communicates any faults, safety issues or staffing problems to Supervisor.
13. Works extremely well under pressure, adapts to new environments, and keeps a positive attitude toward fellow MCs.
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...