Maintain excellent acknowledgement and response time to alarms and customer calls.
Collect and analyze system data to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve emergency network problems as well as less critical network issues.
Provide high quality documentation of network failures and maintenance activity.
Prepare written reports of symptoms, actions, timelines, root cause, customer impact, and final solution.
Gather information from persons involved in the activity. Establishes factual data to allow management and vendors to understand the problem and prevent reoccurrence.
Verify that network subsystems are operating within standards by gathering and analyzing system performance data.
Propose and implement solutions to identified problems.
Work with vendors to resolve problems and hold them to a high standard of performance. Job Requirements
Education & Experience or Other Requirements:
- Technical fault management skills on the Lucent 5ESS and Nortel DMS switch family including TDM, Packet and VOIP technologies.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to communicate technical information to all audiences.
- Must work with a sense of urgency and be able to multi-task.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work any shift and some holidays.
- Able to work in a high volume, fast pace work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus three-to-five years of telecom experience is preferred.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard