- Assist with technology installation to include securing of cabinets, racking of equipment, and cabling of devices.
- Assist with building Windows-based operating systems ( Server 2008/2003) and device configuration .
- Provide onsite support for device troubleshooting to include power cycles/reboots, cable testing/replacement, and media handling support.
- Assist SunGard Centralized Operations/Engineering, Project Management, and Customer Service teams in support of customer requirements when engaged.
- Provide on-site customer service to clients while working within the data center
- Provide on-site vendor support for maintenance, break/fix, and/or upgrades.
- Understand and follow defined standard operating procedures.
- Understand the data center’s infrastructure components and supporting tool set.
- Respond to and update tickets in accordance with department procedures.
- Perform written and verbal turnover of open issues/upcoming maintenance at the end of each shift.
- Receive and ship inventory as required.
- Ensure that the facility inventory is updated and accurate on a regular basis, based upon moves, adds, and changes.
- Perform data center walk-through during each shift to check for abnormal conditions such as unlocked cabinets/cages, unlocked PDUs, audible/visual alarms on equipment.
- When appropriate, escalate issues quickly and efficiently in order to solve problems within SunGard’s Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Issue problem, change, and request tickets when necessary for both SunGard infrastructure and customer environments.
- Understand the facility support systems (power, HVAC, fire detection/suppression, security); respond to alarms in accordance with department procedures.
- Must work holidays that fall on scheduled shifts, have the flexibility to work extra shifts as required by management.
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- A+, MCSE, and/or CCNA certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years experience, preferably in a data center or tech support environment. Previous data center experience a plus
- Additional experience in the following areas a plus: Help Desk, Network Administration/Systems Administration, Technical Account Management.
- Understanding of Windows-based operating systems (Server 2008/2003)
- Understanding of Unix/Linux-based operating systems a plus.
- Familiar in Microsoft Office-based applications (Word, Excel); experience with Visio a plus.
- Experience with physical configuration and maintenance/troubleshooting of Enterprise level hardware.
- Preferred experience in Layer 1 telephony trouble shooting to include telephony troubleshooting equipment.
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated flexibility and organization.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage assigned tasks with limited management input.
- Should be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Preferred experience working in a datacenter environment to include maneuvering in narrow aisles to install/troubleshoot equipment, ability to climb a ladder and crawl under raised floor to install/troubleshoot cabling .
Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...