- Assist with technology installation to include securing of cabinets, racking of equipment, and cabling of devices.
- Assist with building Windows-based operating systems ( Server 2008/2003) and device configuration .
- Provide onsite support for device troubleshooting to include power cycles/reboots, cable testing/replacement, and media handling support.
- Assist SunGard Centralized Operations/Engineering, Project Management, and Customer Service teams in support of customer requirements when engaged.
- Provide on-site customer service to clients while working within the data center
- Provide on-site vendor support for maintenance, break/fix, and/or upgrades.
- Understand and follow defined standard operating procedures.
- Understand the data center’s infrastructure components and supporting tool set.
- Respond to and update tickets in accordance with department procedures.
- Perform written and verbal turnover of open issues/upcoming maintenance at the end of each shift.
- Receive and ship inventory as required.
- Ensure that the facility inventory is updated and accurate on a regular basis, based upon moves, adds, and changes.
- Perform data center walk-through during each shift to check for abnormal conditions such as unlocked cabinets/cages, unlocked PDUs, audible/visual alarms on equipment.
- When appropriate, escalate issues quickly and efficiently in order to solve problems within SunGard’s Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Issue problem, change, and request tickets when necessary for both SunGard infrastructure and customer environments.
- Understand the facility support systems (power, HVAC, fire detection/suppression, security); respond to alarms in accordance with department procedures.
- Must work holidays that fall on scheduled shifts, have the flexibility to work extra shifts as required by management.
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- A+, MCSE, and/or CCNA certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years experience, preferably in a data center or tech support environment. Previous data center experience a plus
- Additional experience in the following areas a plus: Help Desk, Network Administration/Systems Administration, Technical Account Management.
- Understanding of Windows-based operating systems (Server 2008/2003)
- Understanding of Unix/Linux-based operating systems a plus.
- Familiar in Microsoft Office-based applications (Word, Excel); experience with Visio a plus.
- Experience with physical configuration and maintenance/troubleshooting of Enterprise level hardware.
- Preferred experience in Layer 1 telephony trouble shooting to include telephony troubleshooting equipment.
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated flexibility and organization.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage assigned tasks with limited management input.
- Should be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Preferred experience working in a datacenter environment to include maneuvering in narrow aisles to install/troubleshoot equipment, ability to climb a ladder and crawl under raised floor to install/troubleshoot cabling .
Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Sungard AS - 24 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...