Performs decontamination and volume reduction of materials and equipment, associated material handling/movement activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs mechanical and/or chemical decontamination of radioactive materials/ equipment
• Performs volume reduction of materials/equipment
• Responsible for the safe operation of the following equipment: powered/non-powered hand tools, hoists/cranes (e.g. overhead, gantry, and jib), powered and non-powered industrial trucks (e.g.. forklifts, box tilters), oxy-acetylene.oxy-propane torches, PAK-45, bailing press, HEPA vacuums
• Responsible for complying with all applicable company operational and safety plans and procedures and correcting safety problems or bringing them to the attention of higher management
• May perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED required
• Must be able to read and interpret data in order to maintain records.
• Must be physically and psychologically capable of wearing a respirator for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds