Information International Associates, Inc. (IIa), an award-winning scientific and technical information and knowledge management company based in Oak Ridge, TN, is accepting resumes for an Operations Manager of an information analysis center located in Albuquerque, NM.
The successful candidate will have experience managing a large multi-media collection of a technical scope, and the staff required to preserve and improve the collection. The Center related to the collection is not a traditional library. Rather, the Center is responsible for building and enlarging digital collections and creating a home for a community of practice in support of analytical work conducted in the nuclear and chemical-biological areas.
· BS in Information Management with 10 or more years experience; MS or MLS preferred
· Experience in developing an electronic digital collection, using COSATI standards preferred
· Experience managing staff of information technicians and specialists to catalog and improve a multi-media collection including film, print, and data sets
· Capable of holding a secret clearance
· Familiarity with emerging technologies including social media to help build communities of practice
· Energetic, self starter
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Proven ability to engage clients at various levels in a defense environment
· Background in nuclear or chemical-biological sciences is a plus
· Oversee the maintenance and improvement of a comprehensive collection of the Nation’s research in Nuclear testing, radiology and chemical-biological studies. The collection includes printed publications, film, photos, and data sets. Future improvements could include commercial literature, social web publications, and university research.
· Has responsibility for maintaining cataloguing, metadata, and data integration standards
· Oversee the publication, in electronic and print media, of newsletters, state-of-the-art reports, briefings, RSS feeds, etc on a periodic or episodic basis
· Establish techniques to improve the management of STI and comply with government regulation 3200-14.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with government personnel and contractors managing other, related information analysis s centers.
· Improve Outreach to IAC user base and represent the Center at various conferences, educational events, and meetings.
· Manage a staff of up to 30 professional and support personnel
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Information International Associates Inc. - 30+ days ago