Operator, Pipeline Trainee (Beaumont) T32-0003NP
The Pipeline Operator Trainee works a rotating shift, travels and cross-trains in the operations and maintenance of equipment and processes associated with pipeline operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs terminal and station operations by coordinating with Pipeline Control and other affiliates to ensure timely, safe and quality controlled handling of petroleum products.
- Tank gauging, manifold line up, development of paperwork and log/record information related to inventories and quality control.
- Must be knowledgeable of environmental regulations and company policy concerning handling and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Participates in available cross training to effectively develop skills in areas specific to other operators and technicians.
- Performs mechanical functions that will include inspecting, checking, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment in order to maintain high levels of safe and productive equipment performance.
- Routine maintenance of centrifugal pumps and electric motors such as bearing and seal replacements, alignments, drain piping modifications, maintenance for electronic transmitters, valve actuators, etc.
- Review procedures as necessary to achieve good workmanlike performance and ensure compliance of all company and industry standards to meet the requirements of all regulatory agencies.
- Maintain close contact with the Area Supervisor/Manager regarding maintenance trouble reports and scheduled equipment maintenance to effect a minimum interruption of product throughput.
- Optimize work to affect a minimal amount of overtime.
- Maintain facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices inside and outside of the facilities.
- Attend all safety meetings and complete safety raining courses as required.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Associates Degree or 2 year technical certification is preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays, as well as unscheduled overtime.
- Previous experience in natural gas/gas liquids, gas processing, petrochemical, refining or pipeline operations.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to assume responsibility, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- Must live or relocate to within 1 hour response time of job assignment.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Good organizational skills & strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs. and apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently or in a team environment and willing to learn.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
- Must have a history of being dependable and reliable, take pride in a job well done, and enjoy working hard.
Primary Location: USA-Texas-Beaumont
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job: Pipeline Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Enterprise Products Partners - 17 months ago
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to...