- Responsible for supporting and demonstrating safe work behaviors.
- Follows and enforces compliance with GMP’s, sanitation requirements and work instructions in the production of a safe and quality food product.
- Ability to operate and change over assigned equipment in a safe and efficient manner within established times.
- Support the Operator A in the performance of all production equipment operations and production related tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team members in a manner which supports continuous improvement and change.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy with all related paperwork.
- Support the Operator A in the performance of basic repairs and preventative maintenance on all related equipment.
- Assist the maintenance technicians and the Operator A when they are working on assigned equipment.
- Effectively interact with team members and management through the engagement process in support of company goals.
- Participate in all team activities and special projects or assignments.
- Coordinate and plan work with assigned line team members.
- Participate in all assigned training activities.
- Maintain clean work areas, ensuring the work area is in an audit ready status.
- Assist in other areas and functions of the plant upon request.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: Work experience in a team structure with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
Skills: Excellent mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform general and preventative maintenance in support of maintenance technicians and the Operator A. Ability to work with and lead team members on assigned packaging line. Functional computer skills to include the ability to use QSI to view and print documents as well as entering data. Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
Internal: Major contacts with Production Team Members, Operaror A, Team Leads, Material Handling Team Members, Quality Technicians and Maintenance Technicians.
External: No significant external contacts.
Work Structure: Works under the direction of the Operator A, Team Lead and reports to the Production Line Manager. The Operator A will serve as back up to the Operator B.
Responsibilities: This individual will be responsible for:
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Supporting safe work habits.
- Production of safe quality food.
- Collection and computer entry of production information.
- Coordination of assigned line assets to maintain production schedules and increase demonstrated capacity.
- Supporting and assisting in general and preventive maintenance of equipment.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Malt-O-Meal is an equal opportunity employer.
MOM Brands - 18 months ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...