Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Job purpose: To operate manufacturing equipment such as Shears, Swaggers, Auto-Headers, Hand-Headers, Hot Notchers, Mill Notchers, Presses, and Threaders, and Assembly Stations that cut, shape, bend and assemble metal plates, steel rebar, and cable components. Operating Environment
Commercial Ownership / Customer Solutions
- This is a manufacturing environment that includes working with and around moving machinery and mobile equipment. This environment is noisy and employees may be exposed to extremetemperatures.
- Ensure that quality standards are being followed for each process
- Assist business to meet sales demand for products and services by ensuring all orders are produced in a timely fashion with a quality compliant product.
- On-Time Deliveries
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI
Safety Health & Environment (SHE)
- Observes machine operation to detect workplace defects or machine malfunction
- Operates any equipment or participates in any work function necessary to perform the job and meet the customer expectations.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Management
- Sustain 5S principles.
- Ensure Lean principles are adhered to.
- Utilize Visual Management throughout the plant area.
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Complete OEE paperwork accurately and timely, Report ALL scrap.
- Housekeeping – attention to detail, cleaning up work stations following shift end
- Production levels met
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- People / Quality
- Support the company culture in a way that ensures that companywide goals and personal goals are set and achieved.
- Ensure procedures are being followed and ideas for improvements are shared with Management
- Observe and follow company policies including Safety, Quality, Production and Employment
- Ensure your own work practices are safety first, quality, and then production standards in this order.
- Follow the SHE plan outlined for the facility.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Promptly report all unsafe working conditions and incidents to management.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order by daily inspections.
- Create a positive SH&E culture by participating in safety programs and promoting safe work practices.
Skills and Abilities:
Requirements Essential Functions of the Job:
- High school diploma (GED);
- Must be available to work 1st, 2ndor 3rdshifts
- Must be able to work overtime including weekends
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and management.
- Excellent attendance and safety record’
Must wear Personal Protective Equipment:
- The position requires that an employee stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, twist at waist and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. , and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Safety Glasses
- Hearing Protection
- Steel Toes
- Other as mandated by work being performed
Orica Limited is engaged in the manufacture and distribution of mining products and services, consumer products and chemical products and...