CapitalCare Medical Group is a physician-owned medical practice with over 500 employees including more than 150 healthcare professionals. The group offers primary care services in Family Practice, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine throughout the Capital District. CapitalCare also provides services in Endocrinology, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Nephrology, medical nutrition therapy, and comprehensive diabetes education and operates a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory. CapitalCare welcomes new patients and participates with most major health insurance carriers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Operator to join our growing team in Rotterdam!
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
Responsibilities for this position include:
Qualificiations: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent with additional education desirable.
- Cancel and reschedule patients when necessary
- Schedule appointments for patients, following office policy and procedures for triage and for appointment templates
- Document verbal conversations with patients when appropriate
- Documents information into patient record in an accurate, legible and timely manner
- Notify clinical staff of cancellations or late arrivals
- Transfer/retrieve office phones to/from answering service
- Responsible for answering overflow of phone calls and direct appropriately
- Process incoming telephone calls/messages based on office policy and procedure
- Retrieve and process messages/faxes from answering service based on office policy and procedure
- Keep up to date and informed on company/office policies and procedures through staff meetings, correspondence, etc.
- Responds to referral requests from patients
- Keep up to date and informed with participating insurance carriers according to the registration manual
- Verify patient insurance coverage/demographic information at each visit and update when necessary
- Must be aware of patient confidentiality and bring any concerns to the site manager
- Communicate any patient concerns or complaints to the Site Manager
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines, and confidentiality policies
- Answer multiple line phone system, forwarding calls to appropriate location or handling calls personally when appointments are needed
- Remove messages from phone system and return calls to patients as needed
- Address issues from the faxed messages and bring to clinical staff for review
- Make changes as requested to patient registration files, such as address or phone numbers
- May be required to perform Front Office Receptionist duties regularly
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Preferred candidates will have a knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures with a minimum of one year work experience required. Computer literacy required; working knowledge of Microsoft products preferred. Ability to read, understand and follow oral written instructions. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
CapitalCare Medical Group offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, holidays, paid time off, retirement plan, and much more in a business casual environment!
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 11 months ago