The Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently operating and maintaining the packaging and process systems involved in the manufacture of aseptic cupped desserts. Additionally, the Operator is responsible to understand and fulfill duties associated with the Material Handler position as needed. This position will report to and is assigned to a crew working a rotating 2-2-3 work schedule. Position Responsibilities •Obtains supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations.
- Checks the production schedule for up-coming products and set-up the case packer as required.
- Performs daily safety checks of the assigned Forklifts in accordance with company policy.
- Loads packaging materials and supplies on to equipment.
- Performs change-over of packaging materials from one SKU to another.
- Prepares and stages materials for upcoming product runs.
- Clears jams from packaging equipment.
- Cleans equipment including the use of the ice blaster and air hoses.
- Performs housekeeping tasks and keeps work areas 5S’ed.
- Performs machine start up and shut down procedures.
- Performs checks of product to verify quality parameters.
- Cleans, inspects and lubricates production equipment.
- Performs sanitation of the equipment as well environmental cleaning of the Packaging and Palletizing areas of the plant are required.
- Monitors all quality attributes, inspects for leaks/deviations in packaging and makes appropriate notifications when deviations occur.
- Performs job in a manner that reduces yield losses and makes adjustments that manufacture product within specification.
- Accurately completes documents related to packaging area.
- Fills cup and case coders with ink and solvents.
- Sets up cup and case coders with appropriate dates.
- Performs handstacking of cases as needed.
- Assists other crew members with basic maintenance tasks
- Reacts appropriately to area safety problems.
- Communicates safety /quality / operational issues to proper departments or responsible parties
- Effectively participates in shift handoffs (oncoming and off-going)
- Enters data correctly into SAP for usage of materials and maintenance activities.
- Accuraely details daily activities in the logbook.
- Provides training to other employees.
- Accurately checks parts out of and returns to stockroom utilizing SAP to ensure stockroom inventory accountability.
- Prepares, writes and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Job Safety Analyses (JSA’s), and other technical documentation.
- Provides meaningful input regarding proposed engineering changes.
- Completes area housekeeping tasks and maintains work area in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
- Supports integration of new methods or technology being installed and/or new or modified product testing/optimization.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Position Qualifications Required:
- Two-year technical degree (i.e., documented training/education in areas of power distribution, instrumentation, basic pneumatics, drives, servos, basic hydraulics, blueprint reading, and PLC control); OR technical training in the military with a minimum rank of E-5; OR seven (7) years documented work experience in skills noted above plus high school diploma or equivalent; OR completion of plant’s Technician-in-Training program.
- Experience with personal computers, programs and data entry.
- Read, write and comprehend English
- Plan, organize, and schedule work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with internal and external customers
- Comprehend and use technical vendor manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Ability to read and use instrumentation (temperature, pressure, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use tools including precision, hand, and powered
- Consistently identify, track, and resolve enhancements to work procedures or methods
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment
ConAgra Foods - 18 months ago
ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and frozen...