Operates thermoforming machines, trim presses, and immediate support equipment in a safe and efficient manner to produce a maximum quantity of high quality product with minimal scrap and downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
This list is not all encompassing and other duties may be assigned.
1. Works safely and applies safe practices at all times.
2. Removes and installs form tool inserts, when applicable.
3. Verifies and documents the equipment settings, process settings, and product specifications prior to start up.
4. Starts up the former, trim press and support equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
5. Operates former adhering to predetermined parameter settings for the specific job.
6. Troubleshoots the process by identifying, analyzing, and correcting process problems in forming and trim areas.
7. Immediately notifies Packers and QA of defective product.
8. Inspects finished product routinely and records inspections.
9. Accurately records process data including downtime, stroke counts, labor, product information, etc. on daily shift reports and/or project reports and forwards reports to the Supervisor.
10. Communicates and coordinates activities with appropriate personnel, both inside and outside of the department including Maintenance, Warehouse, and QA.
11. Performs Line Clearance at the end of each production run and prior to initiating the following start up.
12. Cleans former, trim press, and immediate support equipment and maintains a clean, organized, safe work area continuously throughout the shift.
13. Applies knowledge to improve production processes and procedures within set standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate or GED equivalent. Previous grinder experience helpful and one to two years' previous thermoforming experience preferred. Posses a valid State of Michigan license and fork lift license.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in small units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a standardized situation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Incumbent must be capable of lifting up to fifty - pounds of weight over their head with no assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee must wear PPE, follow GMP's, be trained in knife safety. Incumbents must be capable of working in an environment where the temperature may reach 110 to 130 degrees.
Huhtamaki, Inc. - 7 months ago