Operate D-9 Dozer and front-end leading tractors equipped with concave blade attached across front to gouge out, level, and distribute petroleum coke from storage to re-claimer in a safe and efficient manner by performing the duties below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate bulldozer in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade
- Operate Front End Loader, Bobcat, Manlift, and Track Hoe and Forklift
- Maintain all mobile and stationary equipment by performing preventive maintenance, i.e.: lubricating, cleaning, greasing, adding gear lubricants and other minor maintenance and repairs; documents all activity performed
- Train on overhead crane inside Total Refinery by engaging levers and brakes to load product from pit to the hoppers
- Train on doing cable job on Total overhead cranes operating within the Coker Pits (Unit)
- Train on remote controlled ship loader by engaging push buttons on the remote to distribute coke according to stowage plan and ships chief mate instructions, insure satisfactory loading of the vessel and watch for safety of the ship loader during operation
- Assist coworkers and maintenance crew on various jobs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Industrial Mechanic experience preferred but not required
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
- Willingness to use personal and/or company vehicle in the course of employment
- Must possess Safety training/certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by Kinder Morgan at all locations
- Must obtain and/or meet all requirements to enter foreign trade zones; such as background checks by both the U.S. Coast Guard and the Department of Homeland Security, i.e. obtain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Equipment operator's certification for equipment being operated.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed
- Understand and comply with Total and Kinder Morgan rules and policies
- Must be willing to work shift and/or overtime hours during the week, weekends, and holidays as dictated by operations
- Ability to carry company issued cellular telephone/radio and be on-call during and after regular business and non-working hours including after dark hours, for work as may be required, assigned and scheduled
- In order to perform essential duties, regular work attendance is required
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials proper and reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be required and is anticipated
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Regularly exposed to outside in adverse weather conditions and also but not limited to: heights in excess of 5 feet, moving mechanical parts, moving on track rail equipment, frequent vibration, fumes, airborne particles, vibration, uneven terrain and high noise level in the work environment
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, etc. for extended periods of time
- Communicate with supervision and co-workers via radio and hand signals
- Regularly lift and/or move a minimum of 10 pounds in awkward positions, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequently exposed to vibration.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of eight months to one year experience in Heavy equipment especially D9 dozers, track hoes, etc.
Kinder Morgan - 20 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...