Essential duties and responsibilities:
Take appropriate action to resolve abnormal conditions.
- Monitor and operate terminal components such as cryogenic equipment including pumps, compressors, blowers, vaporizers, unloading arms and storage tanks; gas turbine generators; electrical systems; utilities systems (air, nitrogen, water, sump pumps); fire protection and hazard detection systems; and, security systems.
Be prepared to execute emergency response activities at all times.
- Start, stop and operate engines/pumps and other equipment to maintain designated operating parameters.
- Assist in the planning and performance of maintenance and repairs on compressors, engines, turbines, auxiliary equipment, pumps, process controls, and related equipment.
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all gas and liquid processing units and associated equipment.
- Monitor quality of product to ensure meeting specifications and takes appropriate actions when out of specification product is identified.
- Unload LNG ships in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Deliver natural gas to pipeline delivery point to meet customer requirements both internally and externally.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Oversee the construction, maintenance and/or security activities performed by third parties.
- Actively participate in safety and security program and initiatives.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete all regulatory and company training and be familiar with all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- 12 hour rotating shift work, overtime and some travel may be required.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Serve as Company representative with outside agencies including vessel crews, Coast Guard, Customs, Agents, and customer representatives.
- Notify personnel as appropriate of the status of system operations.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / specific knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Knowledge of compressor, pump and general processing plant operations.
- Knowledge of gas and liquid processing theories and fundamentals
- Experience or familiarity analyzing, adjusting and making minor repairs on compressors, pumps and other associated equipment.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications (OQ) and progression requirements applicable to the job classification. OQ includes but is not limited to; Gas Detection/Alarm System Maintenance/Performance Tests; Inspect/Isolate/Operate/Shut Down/Start Compressor Units (manual and remote); Locating Pipelines; Damage Prevention; Leakage Survey and Investigation; and Valve Maintenance.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers.
- May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulation.
- Mechanical aptitude on related equipment.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operation systems and other company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Customer focus.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details and follow work rules.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
Physical ability to climb stairs above 100 feet and work from elevated platforms.
- Physical ability to lift as much as 50lbs, bend/stoop, kneel and climb ladders.
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment, repetitive hand use such as simple grasp and twisting motion included.
Must be able and willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and must work overtime as required and be reasonably available to respond to and report to work in call-in situations.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Travel as needed.
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Associate’s Degree in related field.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs and other diagrams.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures and practices as well as regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high/low pressure systems.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Job level commensurate with experience and skill set
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
Kinder Morgan - 21 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...