Marathon Petroleum Company LP, a major petroleum refiner and marketer, is accepting resumes for an Operator at our Romulus, MI petroleum products bulk distribution facility. This position works with and around petroleum products and is responsible for all operating aspects of the terminal. Travel, call-outs, and overtime will be required as needed which may include after business hours and on weekends and holidays. (The position includes either a 5-day workweek or shift work depending upon the location and excellent benefits package and competitive starting pay.)
No phone calls, agencies, faxed or mailed resumes will be accepted. All applications must be completed on-line and must be received by 5:00 p.m. Monday, March 4, 2013.
For a complete list of the benefits that we have to offer, please visit www.mympcbenefits.com .
- Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of loading rack and other facility equipment.
- General laboratory testing.
- Tank gauging.
- Handling the shipment and receipt of petroleum products via pipeline and/or barge/ship.
- Preparation of various terminal reports.
- Completion of all required training.
- Other varied work assignments.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills required.
- Proficiency in math and ability to maintain accurate records required.
- A working knowledge of and previous experience with mechanical, electrical, and computer systems preferred.
- Petroleum industry experience preferred.
Qualified candidates must be motivated, self-starters, able to work independently, and possess excellent work record with references. Candidates must also be very dependable and be willing to work a flexible schedule as necessary.
Marathon Petroleum Corporation - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard