GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Located at our client location, this position is responsible for performing duties related to inspection, maintenance, operation, assisting in testing of application rates with management, hourly log and shift ending paperwork.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for housekeeping on plant grounds, knowledge of inventory management concepts and methods.
• Responsible for daily equipment checklist, cleaning of jobsite equipment. Unloading of Mersorb and Ssorb material trucks, Start up and shut down of plant equipment. Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
• Use a variety of hand power tools and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
· Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
· Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
· This position involves exerting in excess of 100 pounds of lifting weight occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of lifting weight frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of lifting weight constantly to move objects.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills required. This position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.