The Operator I operates and maintains sludge, de-watering treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in refinery/industrial facility to purify water to meet customer specifications.
Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Some experience in a related position and environment preferred.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
Veolia Water - 15 months ago
Veolia ES Solid Waste Services is cleaning up in the waste management market. A unit of Veolia Environmental Services North America, the...