PRINT PRESS OPERATOR
Sets up and operates flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper, and nonabsorbent stock by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads job order and mounts specified rubber plate and printing dies on cylinder, installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
- Fills dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes.
- Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed
- Inserts shaft through core of paper or plastic roll and secures roll on press in feed position.
- Splices end of roll to trailer sheet remaining in press and turns handwheel to regulate roll tension and feed as directed.
- Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
- Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
- Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, and lubricates press as needed.
- Mixes inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
Required Experience Minimum of 3 years of flexographic printing or similar experience.
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Must be able to work rotating shifts (days, evenings, nights), overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
American Sugar Refining Inc. - 13 months ago