Employees in this classification provide support to the Ophthalmology Specialty Clinics. Responsibilities include preparing patients for examinations, assisting the ophthalmologists during the examinations, and assuring a steady and even flow of patients through the clinic. Work is performed under direct supervision.
- Screen patients, including: take patient current and past medical history; take demographic data; CC, HPI , medications, past ocular history; test visual acuity; perform lensometry, autorefractions, topography, intraocular pressure measurement, confrontational visual field; perform other eye examination elements: BAT , PAM , keratometry, pupil examination for any deviation from round; instill dilation and medication drops.
- Other clinic duties: patient CTL education and CTL ordering; assist in general clinic operations; answer and return patient calls; clean and stock exam and testing rooms.
- Equipment used: auto refractor, lensometer, tonopen, keratometer, topographer, projector, acuity chart, blood pressure cuff, computer, phone
A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
No work experience required.
- Eligibility for certification as ophthalmic assistant.
- One year of experience working for an ophthalmologist.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please make sure to list all work duties with each employer. A resume may be submitted, but will not replace the completed application.
Ability to: stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with arms and hands; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
Hourly Pay Range
10.69 - 15.16
Monthly Pay Range
1852.93 - 2627.73
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Texas Tech University - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard