Ophthalmology Billing and Collection Specialist: Our private, ophthalmology practice in Encino, CA is seeking a new team member! Our growth is your next career move! Come join our practice as a full-time billing and collections specialist. Your background in verifying insurances, processing claims, communicating with third party payers, coding, collections, reconciliation, referrals and revenue cycle analysis will be well received!
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Extensive knowledge in CPT and ICD-9-CM diagnosis coding; medical record content knowledge; evaluation and management coding, coding ophthalmology exams; knowledge of ophthalmology and ophthalmic surgery required
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Must be able to interpret Medicare regulatory guidelines, changes and updates.
- Medi-Cal billing knowledge REQUIRED.
- Educate physicians and staff to ensure knowledge of documentation and coding requirements within their respective subspecialties
- Experience: Minimum 3 years billing/collections in ophthalmology services
- Certified Ophthalmic Coding Specialist (preferred)
- We offer a competitive salary, paid vacation/ sick leave and medical insurance.