OPS Graphic Designer position—Part-time, 20 hours per week; Time-limited, temporary job with possibility of longer-term.
The UF Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research ( ICBR ) and the UF Genetics Institute are seeking a part-time graphic designer with web development experience. The work environment is positive and supporting.
The primary role of this position is to support the communications efforts of both ICBR and the Genetics Institute, by creating visual communications in the form of brochures, flyers, posters and graphics.
This position is also required to support the functioning of the ICBR and Genetics Institute websites. Primary website responsibilities include, are but not limited to, responding to change requests from the administration, new content integration, and creating web-friendly graphics.
Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work with little supervision. Candidates must be able to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with users of varying skill levels.
General responsibilities include:
• Create graphics and materials for both print and web
• Manage and edit content on the Wordpress website
• Create new pages, edit existing pages, edit and customize the theme, add new menus, groups, posts, plugins (according to the requirements) on Wordpress website
• Upload relevant images to the website
• Other duties as requested
Strong understanding in the following principals:
• Graphic design
• Website architecture
Required web skills:
Experience with the following programs:
• Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Health Assessment Required
Preferred skills and knowledge:
• CMS platform experience – Wordpress, Terminal 4
• Read, write, edit and communicate professionally
Special instructions to applicants:
Please apply via GatorJobs and attach a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three references.
Also, please attach an example of a design project to your application.