Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Under limited supervision, assist in an effort to identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Contribute to assessing risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support and collaborate with staff who study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Contribute to assessment of adequacy of internal controls, documentation, backup/redundancy, and disaster recovery procedures intended to ensure continuing and secure operations.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Participate in process improvement in an operating unit by performing root cause analysis to identify discrepancies, implementing remedies, and documenting outcomes.
- Develop and communicate control activities in support of the published operational risk guidelines or policies by promoting awareness to specific business unit employees.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1 years of related experience
- Prior experience producing reports and reporting packages for senior management
- Proficient in using excel and exposure to manipulating and analyzing data. Experience with data maintenance (MS Access, SAS, SQL or other data warehousing system) a plus
- Demonstrated operational discipline through experience in execution of production tasks or projects
- Ability to manage multiple customer inquiries and requests
- General understanding of Fannie Mae business and processes
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 4 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in turn...