CANDESCENT EYE MANAGEMENT
(dba Koch Eye and Eye Health Vision Centers)
The Ophthalmic Technician performs patient screening, testing, and evaluation in preparation for the patient’s appointment with a doctor. We are currently recruiting for 2 positions (One position in our Dartmouth, MA Location and One in our Warwick locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Obtain ophthalmic history from patient including the presenting complaint, past ocular history, illnesses, medications, allergies and reactions to drugs, etc.
- Prepare examination and treatment rooms
- Perform testing an evaluation to prepare the patient for doctors exam including visual acuity, color vision testing, keratometry, tonometry, both Goldmann and non-contact, lensometry, retinoscopy, exophthalmometry, Amsler grid, Schirmer test, pupil evaluation, anterior depth assessment, etc,
- Administer eye medications
- May assist physicians during minor surgical procedures.
- Maintain and calibrate ophthalmic and surgical instruments
- Working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms, and ocular medications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional Customer Experience – Understands and anticipates customer needs, takes action to meet customer’s needs. Strives to exceed customer expectations
- Proactive- Keep others informed. Ask for help when needed, brings service challenges to supervisor
- Drive for Results – Strives for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Focus on Efficiency – Utilizes technology, innovation, and process improvements to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Teamwork- Participates as a team member and establishes strong working relationships with teammates and across the organization
- Celebrates Change- Receptive to new ideas and responds to changes with flexibility and optimism.
- Continues Learning and Improvement- Acknowledges own strengths and development needs and works to strengthen capabilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Ophthalmic Technician training and certification as a COT
- Five plus years of experience
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sitting, Standing, Bending, Reaching, Stooping, Walking and Lifting
- Ability to see, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks
- Driving independently to other facilities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Optimal eyesight contributes to a full life. Candescent Eye is dedicated to ensuring everyone sees their best and protects one of patients’ most precious gifts, their eyesight, throughout their lifetime. We are dedicated to helping people see, feel and look their best throughout their lifetime. The company operates full service vision care centers and has a team of leading physicians and business leaders who are setting the standard for vision health in the US. The company plans to initially develop a footprint in the Northeast through the acquisition of large physician owned practices. The company currently manages 12 eye care centers and 2 surgery centers with a team of over 350 employees.
Candescent Eye was formed in 2011 and, in early 2012, acquired Koch Eye Associates, a rapidly expanding eye care practice in Rhode Island. Founded in 1981, Koch Eye Associates has grown to be one of the leading eye care practices in Rhode Island. Koch Eye Associates has been in business for over 30 years providing comprehensive eye care and optical services throughout the state. Koch Eye Associates is known for treating patients like family and setting the standards for eye care in the industry. Koch’s loyal customer following and reputation as one of the Best Places to work has created the opportunity to grow and open new locations.
In December 2012, the Company acquired and announced the acquisitions of Eye Health Associates and Seacoast Eye. Eye Health has been in business for over 30 years and has several offices serving the South Coast of Massachusetts as well as one office in Middletown, Rhode Island. Seacoast Eye operates an office in Wakefield, Rhode Island.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties to be performed.
Indeed - 17 months ago