Goodrich ISR Systems has over 50 years of experience in designing, building and testing exceptionally high quality optics and electro-optical systems. The Danbury facility (formerly Perkin-Elmer, Hughes and Raytheon) delivers these high quality systems to customers such as NASA, Department of Defense and commercial customers. The highly skilled team at Danbury produces large-scale, unique, one of a kind optics and telescopes needed for earth observation and astronomy - we need you to become part of this team to deliver these complex systems that explore space, plot the heavens and protect our armed forces. Come join us today!
Perform optical coating design, tolerancing, analysis and process engineering of optics for projects related to optical technologies. Apply, as well as design and develop new techniques and coatings to meet product needs. Individually contributes to product development or program completion. The incumbent is a professional who coordinates phases of optical coating engineering project work, which require experience and judgment in the evaluation, selection, adaptation, and/or modification of standard techniques. As an optical coating engineer, he/she is fully competent in the knowledge, principles and practices of his/her area of specialty. A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The incumbent can expect to only receive technical guidance from more senior engineers, program managers, and supervisory review on proposed plans.
1. Contributes to engineering projects by exploring the optical requirement, defining the scope and types of problems for investigation, and developing novel concepts and approaches to be applied.
2. Interprets customer/marketing requirements and generates product specifications to meet these needs.
3. Presents status reports to program/product development to management and customers on progress of assigned projects.
4. Maintains a high level of optical engineering knowledge and contributes to technical advancements of the department
Travel Required: less than 10%
A BS degree in an engineering discipline with 7-10 years of related work experience; MS degree in an engineering discipline with 5 plus years of related work experience; A Ph.D. in an engineering discipline with 2 plus years of related work experience.
1. Investigates problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement appropriate solutions.
2. Uses mathematics and/or engineering software in concert with scientific principles and methods to gather data for product design, and for problem resolution.
3. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to product development, fabrication, and product enhancement.
4. Analyzes needs of customers and product requirements to create an appropriate design.
5. Determines the costs and benefits of potential actions in selecting the most appropriate course of action.
Candidate should be able to lift up to 20 lbs, use a ladder from time to time. Job may be required to work in both an office and lab/mfg environment with various temperatures and possible exposure to chemicals. When working with any type of material(s), understand the safety requirements and use the appropriate PPE required. Overtime is expected based on workloads.
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Goodrich Corporation - 2 years ago
Goodrich is a tireless leader in aerospace systems. The company serves regional/business aircraft, original equipment and aftermarket,...