Within this role, the selected Optical Engineer will;
- Develop experiments to investigate new optical design concepts and optical components.
- Design optical sub-systems and alignment procedures.
- Interact with vendors to qualify optical assemblies.
- Help solving critical production issues related to optical systems.
- Provide optical analysis support to help solving optical system issues and improve overall equipment performance
- Provide subsystem optics leadership
- Effectively communicate and translate to practice optical design and engineering concepts with team members and management.
- Strong fundamental optical engineering skills with a track record of applying those skills to create solid manufacturable and serviceable systems. The skill set should include competency of Code V and/or Zemax; Optical System Design; Lens Design; Tolerance Analysis of Complex Optical Systems.
- Solid project and vendor management experience is a must.
- Preference would be given to a candidate with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- UV system
- Optical analysis, including ghost, tolerance, illumination and stray light analysis
- Precision optical metrology, CGH design, familiarity with optical alignment equipment, precision optics handling
- proficiency in optical alignment, optical bench testing, laboratory electronic equipment, data acquisition and handling, interface electronics, Matlab, Labview and C++ programming
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience. OR Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience. OR Doctorate (Academic)
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICOS Vision Systems - 14 months ago