Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 9.4 billion in 2010. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 22,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
Medical Device Company in Irvine, CA (Orange County) is currently seeking Optical Engineer candidates with ophthalmic microscope design and test experience for direct hire or long term contract basis.
Overall Summary: The Optical Engineer will specify, design, prototype and test optical components systems for ophthalmic microscope. Document design, development and validation process according to Alcon Quality System.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to: New product development, document design, development and validation process according to Alcon Quality System.
- BS +10yrs, MS +8yrs, or PhD +5yrs experience in Optics System Design
- Optical knowledge and experience:
- Lens design using software such as Zemax, Code V and Light Tools
- Non-sequential optical design for microscope illumination
- Good knowledge of human eye optics and anatomy
- Understanding of light safety standards
- Optical fabrication and test methods
- Developing optical alignment and test methods
- Optical materials, adhesives, properties and processes
- Mounting for optical components: design and implementation
- Understanding of optical coatings and processes
- Understanding of beyond visible spectrum imaging
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
- Familiarity with medical device development requirements and standards: FDA QSR, ISO 13485, IEC 60601
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to quality through diversity. Pre-employment drug testing.
Job.com - 13 months ago