1-800 CONTACTS has consistently ranked in the top 10 of the Utah Work/Life Awards and has been voted by Utah Business Magazine as one of the best places to work. The company is known for valuing its associates and offers great perks including on-site subsidized meals, an on-site fitness center and company-paid movies. The organization is the largest direct-Marketer of replacement contact lenses in the United States. Through its toll-free telephone number and its multiple Internet addresses, the Company offers essentially all of the soft and hard contact lenses produced by major contact lens manufacturers such as Johnson & Johnson, CIBA Vision, CooperVision and Bausch & Lomb. The Company stocks the largest inventory of contact lenses in the world and ships 98% of its orders within one business day of prescription verification.
Distribution Center – Salt Lake City, UT
Optical Lab Manager
40 hour week, Day (must be flexible to work between 8:00am - 8:00pm, typically 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday-Friday)
The Quality Control/Auditing Manager is responsible for examining finished product for defects, deviations or sub-par quality based on ANSI, FDA and company specifications to ensure product meets highest level of quality.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain standard operating procedures and minimum expectations for quality of finished product.
- Perform final quality check of finished product to ensure it meets minimum ANSI standards and company expectations prior to shipment.
- Complete FDA required testing and other minimum testing as required by national, state and company guidelines to ensure equipment and product meets or exceeds standards.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure quality expectations are being met and makes recommendations for Quality Control
- Set-up and maintain controls and documentation of tests completed and results. Develops and analyzes statistical data to ensure quality standards are met in process and finished goods.
- Maintain a high level of quality and customer service focus for all products and ensure team is delivering exceptional results.
- Manage all Quality Control and Quality Auditing processes to ensure products meet ANSI standards, quality/continuous improvement, safety, and administrative functions to maximize revenue while minimizing expenses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical and Dental coverage.
- Up to $5,000 in annual education assistance.
- Free yearly eye exam for associate and family.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.
- Discounts on contact lenses and glasses.
- Free Fitness Center and certified trainers.
- Company restaurant with highly discounted meals.
- Company paid life and disability.
- Extensive Wellness program.
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day.
- Free breakfast, fruit and bread all day every day.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
- Three or more years of optical lab management required with additional consideration given to those with at least two years of quality control/auditing in the optical industry.
- Preference given to applicants who are licensed as a Dispensing Optician in Arizona or Nevada.
- ABO and NCLE certifications are highly preferred. If not certified, must be willing to become certified.
- Two years or more of supervisory/management experience is preferred. Preference given to management in an optical, production, distribution, or manufacturing setting.
- Previous ISO experience is preferred.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of prescription eyewear ideally in manufacturing.
- Experience in all aspects of surfacing, finishing of lenses, and edgers.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
*Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
program can be found in My HR.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a WellPoint recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application on our wellpoint.com/careers web site.
Similar Job Postings
NGS Quality Auditor I-6...
Optical Lab Quality Con...
Director Compliance Aud...
WellPoint - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more...