The position is responsible for the timely and acceptable application of various AR coatings to in-process lenses.
Essential Functions :
· Removes the lenses from their respective job trays and place them in the dip coating racks for processing.
· Places the loaded racks in the D-645 dip coater.
· Cures the coated lenses in the appropriate curing chamber.
· Places the cured lenses in the appropriately sized coating rings and load the rings in the dome.
· Loads the domes into the vacuum chambers, select correct recipe, charge chemicals, and apply AR coating.
· Inspects lenses prior to and immediately after the coating process.
· Analyzes the coating results and adjusts the machine to control the proper mix of chemicals on the lenses.
· Upon the completion of the coating, ensures the lenses are placed back in the appropriate job envelope and send on for re-marrying to correct tray.
· Tests the lenses for acceptability as required by work instructions.
· Prepares and/or calibrates equipment and materials as required.
· On a daily basis, tests chemicals and pH to be used in anti-reflective coating processes.
· Adjusts chemical mixtures to appropriate levels for processing.
· Records results of test for ISO standards.
Additional Responsibilities :
· After envelope is re-married back to correct tray, scan job out and bring to appropriate department.
Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements :
· Ability to operate AR Coating equipment
· Multitask for maximum process efficiency
· Knowledge of chemical standards required for machinery to ensure effective operation.
· A high school diploma or GED equivalency is required.
· ABO certification a plus.
Davis Vision Incorporated - 16 months ago