American Optical Services owns and operates retail eyewear stores, ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking a Licensed Optician in our Sandy Springs retail location. Opticians are responsible for providing customers with exceptional service. This position will be responsible for answering phones, fitting eyeglasses and contact lenses, and overall customer related functions to meet company goals and objectives.
- Fitting eyeglasses and contact lenses by following prescriptions that are written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
- Examine prescriptions in order to determine lens specifications. Assist patients in frame selection. Recommend lens coatings, lens and frames for eyeglasses taking into lens and frames for eyeglasses taking into considerations the habits, occupation and facial features of the customer * Other responsibilities include measuring the distance between the eyes of customers, the distance between the centers of a customer’s pupils and the measuring the ocular surface. Familiar with a focimeter.
- Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames. Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles. Adjust frame and lens position to fit client. May shape or reshape frames.
- Work orders are prepared by opticians and provided to ophthalmic lab technicians. Information contained on the work order includes material, color, style and size. Optician will verify lenses have been ground to the correct specifications
- Responsible for adjusting and refitting broken frames
- Provide instructions may be provided to clients regarding adapting to as well as caring for and wearing eyeglasses.
- Considerable patience, care and skill are required to fit contact lenses
- Responsible for keeping patient prescription records, work orders, tracking inventory, making payments and other administrative duties.
- Contact patients regarding orders and deliveries.
- Confirm B&E of insurance and authorizations as needed
- Track remakes
- Data entry of material orders
- Data entry of payments
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- 1-3 years previous optical experience
- Optician’s state license required.
- Strong communication and verbal skills
- Must have full knowledge and understanding of optical and basic medical terminology, and ability to correctly measure for ophthalmic eyeglass lenses of all types.
- Have knowledge of computers, Word & Excel
- Have knowledge of optical math and the use of measuring instruments
- Precision abilities and manual dexterity
Must be able to work a flexible work week.
We offer an extensive benefit package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- And many more!
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace..
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard -
American Optical Services owns and operates retail eyewear stores, ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing...