Purpose of Job:
Provide strategic planning, direction and leadership in direct support of Fully Insured (FI), Key Accounts (KA) and Public Sector (PS) pharmacy retention and affordability objectives for the Northeast Region for OptumRx consisting of 8 states and over 2.5M pharmacy members.
- Identify and develop opportunities for increasing financial performance for UHC and OptumRx by developing strategies with UHC Region Leaders, UnderWriting leaders and Medical Account Executives for upsell opportunities and retaining pharmacy clients by leading the team and organizing resources to deliver results.
- Will have 4 Regional Account Executives as direct reports.
- Must possess and execute on a thorough understanding pharmacy management and pricing strategies in addition to knowledge of the region and health plan marketplace and customers, brokers and consultant business drivers to align our value propositions to solve their business challenges.
- Ensure effective implementation of pharmacy management initiatives to deliver increased IOI thru affordability and growth/retention. Position will have specific upsell objectives, retention, IOI and affordability goals.
- Position will interface with senior client executives in addition to senior UHC and OptumRx leaders.
- Strong presentation and strategic planning competencies are core elements of role.
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience in health care industry, with PBM, health plan, or pharmacy consulting is required
- 5+ years experience working with large employers
- 8+ years sales/business development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with brokers and employer benefit consultants (Hewitt, Towers-Watson, Mercer)
- Previous management, staff leadership and cross-functional experience is required
- Client management / business development experience Strong relationship management and cross-functional experience
- Strong proven relationship management, leadership and strategic skills
- Thorough understanding of PBM pricing and consultant spreadsheet analyses
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 19 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...