M12469: Oracle Application DBA The role:
As an Oracle Application DBA, your role will be developing enterprise class data solutions. This is a good opportunity to gain experience with next generation technologies including NoSQL databases.
- Develop DDL and DML scripts for Oracle and SQL server databases as well as work with a third party data synchronization solution in conjunction with other team members.
- Work with Workflow engineers, product owners and Subject Matter Experts to understand the data.
- Coordinate with data architects to determine requirements
- Analyze, design, create and implement more complex databases including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
- Implement complex physical data models, data dictionaries and schemas.
- Build database scripts adhering to the standards defined by data organization
- Liaison with database software vendors and external technical support on issues such as software upgrades, problems and potential solutions.
- Review systems under development and related documentation. Coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules
- Investigate source systems to locate and understand existing data.
- Create documents and coordinate script deployment with Data Operations.
- Coordinate and ensure appropriate reviews per processes defined in Research IT.
- Assist in developing data migration strategies.
- 3 + years of experience working with Oracle as an Application DBA / Oracle PL/SQL Developer in a technical or scientific environment.
- Must be capable of understanding data strategy on enterprise level but implement on project level and have the excellent communication skills necessary to successfully interact with, solution architects, product owners, project managers, developers, business analysts and testers.
- This role is expected to have strong troubleshooting skills and have a strong understanding of database backup and recovery techniques.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Demonstrated interaction skills across a wide spectrum of technical contacts and teams.
- Passion for the integrity of database design and a willingness to compromise appropriately to balance design and delivery.
- Hands-on role requiring rigorous attention to detail and thorough application of standards.
- Self-starter, capable of driving towards goals independently.
- Have demonstrable understanding and awareness of technology and an ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed.
- Willingness to do collaborative software development.
- Must have professional work experience with the following:
- SQL tuning
- Oracle data extraction and modification.
- Exposure with the below technologies will be considered a plus:
- Bioinformatics experience in the medical or other life sciences industry.
- SQL Server
- Database design
- Agricultural Breeding or Biotech experience.
- Large development project experience.
- NoSQL data stores.
- Agile / Scrum.
We hire IT professionals who like to work with smart people and can hold their own in a demanding environment. Our employees build a career at Ferguson. Here IT is not a support function for our business - it IS our business. We strive to develop a professional relationship with each employee - and that is what you are, our direct employee. Our pay and benefit levels recognize the advanced skills of our talented staff members. In addition, we are unique in our market in the emphasis that we place on continuing education, including an annual training allowance that is an integral part of our compensation package. This kind of investment in our employees' professional development is an important contributor to making Ferguson a desirable place to build an IT career. As a W-2 employee, your first assignment will be just that - the first of many. Our goal is to establish a long-term employee relationship with you.
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a change and/or are interested in building or continuing your career as an IT professional and have the ability to thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
- Competitive base salary.
- Paid overtime
- $.60/$1 401K match
- PTO - Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time and Bench Time
- Profit sharing or bonus opportunities
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Annual training allowance that includes an in-house training program designed to keep your skills sharp
Please send your resume to Jackie Blume email@example.com. Please note that a referral bonus is also offered for all hired referrals.
Please take the time to explore our website fergusonconsultinginc.com and find out more about who we are and what we can do for you.
W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP.
Jackie Blume Ferguson Consulting
1350 Timberlake Manor Parkway, Suite 450
Chesterfield , MO 63017
Ferguson Consulting, Inc. is an information technology consulting firm based in St. Louis County. With 150 of the area's best IT...