The Application Database Administrator's role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production and non-production applications and databases while ensuring high levels of system performance and data availability. This individual is also responsible for ensuring the integrity and availability of applications and databases and their accompanying software.
This position will report to SVP-ERP Implementation Project.
• All aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup, and recovery
• Support multiple instances (Production, Test, QA, and Development ) of Oracle EBS 12, Fusion Middleware and Oracle database 11g
• Support high availability environment using Oracle RAC, Data Guard, 11g Grid, RMAN, Fusion Middleware, Parallel Concurrent Processing, ASM, OEM, Diagnostics, Tuning, Configuration, and Provisioning Pack
• Review physical data models, coordinating data security restraints, and actively supporting test plans/environments, benchmarks, and statistics
• Database and application optimization including performance tuning, query optimization, and supportability
• Work closely with ERP & IT project team members; communicate regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure application and database integrity and security
• Perform periodic backups of instances, and perform cloning from source to target instances
• Create user accounts and assign access permissions and privileges; Build database scheme, tables, indexes, procedures, and permissions
• Assist with development of scripts for task automation
• Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
Characteristics & Attributes
• Ability to function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence, and initiative without daily interaction with management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Strong technical documentation skills with keen attention to detail
• Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products
• Ability to present ideas in clear, concise, and audience appropriate manner
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure/fast-pace environment
Experience & Education
• Bachelor's Degree in information technology, engineering, or related field
• Five (5) years of experience as EBS Oracle Applications DBA/3 years EBS DB Performance and tuning experience
• Oracle Database (11i) administration experience
• Experience in Oracle E-Business R12 a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency in backup and recovery procedures
• Experience with Oracle Applications technology stack, including architecture, installation, configuration, maintenance, cloning and patching procedures
• Oracle certification in EBS and/or Oracle database preferred
• Experience in implementation of Oracle EBS, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Transportation Management, Business Intelligence modules (OBIEE) highly desirable
• Lean Process Experience (Green or Orange Belt, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping) a plus
• Manufacturing industry experience a plus
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. - 20 months ago
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...