World Fuel Services is seeking a high-energy,
clear-thinking and technically adept Oracle Applications
Server DBA to administer and enhance our existing
enterprise Application Servers and database solutions
while assisting in the deployment of our next generation
solutions. The successful candidate will assume a 24x7
technical / administrative role in the administration,
performance tuning, and maintenance of the Oracle
Applications environments (Fusion Middleware), as well
as assist with database administration support for all
other Production and development environments.
providing independent, proactive management of the
- The candidate will complement the existing DBA team
existing Oracle Application Server Infrastructure and
databases (improvements, tuning, overall administration,
proactively identify and suggest/implement solutions to
- Will be expected to take the initiative and
problems before they become systems performance
root cause analysis and provide working solutions. The
- Review user/systems support issues and perform or lead
position will require occasional non-standard/off hour’s
maintenance to resolve issues and implement system
changes in order to minimize downtime for end users.
administrative support to the development team, which
- Provide Oracle Applications and database
includes, but is not limited to, managing development
databases, tuning, and handling code migrations from
development to testing to production.
assurance checkpoint related to performance, load and
- The candidate must be adept in providing a quality
functional fit prior to its release into production
experience as an Oracle Applications Server DBA
- The position requires a minimum of 5-7 years of
written and oral, and the capability to work effectively
- Effective communication skills are critical, both
both independently and as a member of a team.
experience of Fusion Middleware including Weblogic, SOA
- Must be clear thinking, fact-based and to the point.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Skill requirements include solid knowledge and
Suite, BPM and OAM product suite.
performance tuning, high-availability strategies in a
- Responsible for database monitoring, troubleshooting,
24x7 Production environment.
installation, configuration, maintenance, and patching
- Strong Knowledge of Fusion Middleware stack including
backup and recovery strategies (DR Failover testing
- Develop and implement replication, archiving and
planning for Development, Testing, QA, Staging, and
- Anticipate hardware requirements and storage capacity
Production for scalable database growth and performance
stored procedures for better performance
- Proactively monitor Production databases and optimize
- Resolve locking conflicts/blocking and resource
and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity
- Administer, maintain, develop and recommend policies
of the company's databases and systems
database capacity issues and other distributed data
- Identify and resolve database performance issues,
issues · Proficient with recent Oracle database 11g
(188.8.131.52) and features.
platform a plus (Sun Solaris).
- Experienced on E-Business suite is a plus
- Experience with managing Oracle systems on UNIX
monitoring tools like Grid Control.
- UNIX shell scripting (sh & ksh required, perl a plus)
- Experience with Enterprise Manager and other
Oracle SOA Suite) experience is a must
- SQL & PL/SQL performance tuning
- User / schema management · RMAN backup and recovery
- Oracle Fusion Middleware (Web logic Server 11g and
World Fuel Services offers a competitive compensation
package which includes an annual bonus plan that is
commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Employee benefits are typical of a Fortune 500 company
and include medical insurances that start on your first
day of employment and a matching 401(k) plan.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Interested candidates will need to submit the following
- A detailed resume describing work experience and
a good fit for the position
- A cover letter or brief summary explaining why you are
World Fuel Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to workplace Diversity.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or unique
assistance in applying,
please send your request specifying the assistance
needed to our Human Resources Department at:
or fax 305-392-5608
Statement to Third Party Recruiting Agencies:
Our internal Recruiting Department will not be accepting
resumes or calls concerning this specific job posting.
So, we will not be responsible for any fees or charges
associated with unsolicited resumes. Occasionally we do
utilize third party Recruiters that are on our preferred
vendor list but not for this opening. Emails, calls, or
any form of solicitation directly to our Hiring Managers
will only reduce an agencies prospect of working with
our company in the future.
Req. Code : 2614
Organizational Unit : CORPORATE
Division/Department : Technology - Operations Support