Business Analytics and Intelligence is a high visibility, high impact and growing initiative within Emerson. The Business Intelligence team provides management with decision analysis tools and applications.
The Oracle Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for leading the implementation for the Process Solutions Group BI projects in collaboration with other business intelligence teams within Emerson. The successful candidate must have the ability to work well in a team environment and also work effectively with other Emerson businesses and offices globally. This position requires working with and coordinating the activities of 3 rd party implementation partners that are located both on and off-shore. This position requires up to 20% travel both domestically and internationally.
To apply for this job opening please click here.
- Analyze business systems and provide functional understanding to technical team including business processes, data elements, metrics and KPIs.
- Write functional requirements documents, manage implementation projects including offshore resources and lead internal customers through testing, rollout and post Go-Live support.
- Analyze and test implemented solutions to make sure the implementation meets the requirements, check/validate data and provide appropriate feedback to the development team.
- Work during off business hours to interact with off shore IT teams as well as during Go-Live and systems maintenance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or closely related technical field
Additional Experience/Qualifications Preferred:
- 8 years of recent experience in Information Technology (Management Information Systems, ERP implementation and/or Business Intelligence) in following areas:
- Analysis and Development of Business Processes
- Implementing/supporting Oracle EBS solutions in at least 2-3 modules from Project Accounting, Order Management, Procurement, Financials, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, OIC, and Fixed Assets
Additional Company Information
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL, etc.) and proficiency in data base query tools like TOAD
- 2+ years of functional experience in Business Intelligence related initiatives either as a Business Analyst or implementation.
- Excellent presentation and customer service skills at all levels of the organization, highly motivated and self-directed.
- Proficient in writing Functional Requirements Specification (FRS).
- Experience working in a global, matrix environment and to achieve results in an ambiguous and fast changing environment.
- Graduate degree in MIS or MBA
- PMP certification
As part of Emerson Process Management, Process Systems & Solutions (PSS) has expertise and capabilities in all phases of the process automation lifecycle from early planning and design, through project engineering, project execution, commissioning and ongoing operations.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, and dental plans; 401k with company match; profit-sharing; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...