Main responsibilities for the Oracle DB Developer include contributing to one or more complex DB projects, develop solutions based on the technical specifications and providing post deployment production support. The role involves working in partnership with teams both locally and globally. He/she should be able to perform their assigned duties with a certain degree of independence requiring minimal direction and supervision. The candidate is expected to be a key member of the technical problem solving team, routinely sought after to address complex production issues.
- Work directly with partner teams to understand and resolve interlock and requirements
- Participate in initiatives that improve overall product quality
- Participate in product/platform testing
- Contribute to improvements in product quality
- diagnose Oracle database problems from the system generated AWR report
- Identify and tune poorly performing queries
- Identify additional indexes which are required to improve system performance
- Assist in resolving issues that result in crashes of Oracle database instances
- Convert business requirements into a technical design for implementation in an Oracle database
- Develop efficient processes to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Develop sustainable monitoring of database application and instance processes
- Proactively contribute to increasing the team efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools / utilities
- Participate in weekend rotation and shifts
- Experience with Oracle Grid control
- Strong PL/SQL knowledge
- Oracle Streams
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of Perl
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...