Title: Oracle DBA, 3+ yrs exp
Location: AZ-nullOracle DBA Responsibilities
DBA Skills Required
- Provide all aspects of database administration for multiple databases in a 7x24 production environment.
- Pro-actively ensure database systems are maintained at the highest level of support; plan/set procedures; provide reliable and secure systems for business applications.
- Review database error messages, diagnose, troubleshoot, and suggest course of action and/or implement solutions.
- Contribute to project team efforts to ensure operational support requirements are implemented.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for database related problems.
- Schedule, monitor, and maintain database backup and recovery procedures which will protect the business from unexpected hardware and software failures.
- Work closely with operations staff to ensure stable performance for the database environments, monitors, analyzes, identifies and resolves bottlenecks and resolves problems.
- Provide appropriate resources for business applications by performing capacity planning, workload modeling and prediction; provides business applications with enough resources for their short-term and long-term growth.
- Ensure data pertaining to the status of problems and service requests is entered into problem tracking systems accurately and promptly on a daily basis; provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Perform security updates, patch installation audits, and security enhancement recommendations.
- Ensure client/server applications run successfully and are optimally tuned to maximize use of system resources while minimizing client impact.
- Experience scheduling 24/7 work rotations for a team
- ITIL Foundation or Certification a Plus
Additional Skills Required
- Ability to use software tools, languages, scripts and shells required for effective support of the database enterprise.
- Ability to work independently on technical functions associated with creating and maintaining databases in one or more computing environments.
- Understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools; including OEM, Toad, knowledge of scripting, RBAC, etc.
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring.
- Knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios; Oracle security management; Oracle data integrity; how Oracle acquires and manages resources, etc.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A sound knowledge of both database and system performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Database Administration a plus.
- Ability to build working relationships across the enterprise.
- Customer focus attitude.
- Be accountable for results- take ownership.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and thoroughly.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust.
- Bachelor or technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting Oracle 9i/10g databases in one or more DBMS (SQL Server, etc.) is required.
- Database certification a plus.
Fujitsu America believes in the power of information and technology. A subsidiary of Fujitsu, the company offers a broad portfolio of IT...