- Maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Work with development group for custom database objects and implementation.
- Adhere and improve best practices documentation.
- Implement and maintain database and/or applications security (create and maintain users and responsibilities, assign responsibilities, create and maintain security profiles).
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products.
- Perform Oracle Database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Capacity Planning.
- Provide 24x7 Support.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards for Oracle DBA tasks.
Minimum Job Requirements (Background & Experience):
- Must have extensive experience in installation/upgrade/managing multi-terabyte Oracle Databases
- Should possess extensive knowledge and practical experience with Oracle Data Guard/ ASM/ RMAN, database recovery and business continuity strategies, as well as with Oracle homogeneous and heterogeneous replication.
- Knowledge of various hot and cold Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Must have expertise in Oracle 9i/10g/11g, related utilities and tools like Oracle SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, Import/Export, Enterprise Manager, and Capacity Planner.
- Must have expertise in 10g and 11g (11.1 and 11.2) RAC
- Must have proficiency of SQL and Query optimization.
- Ability to perform both Oracle and Operating System performance tuning and monitoring.
- Must be proficient in scripting.
- Must be able to standardize the environment and improve efficiency.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Must have excellent analytical/ troubleshooting and incident management skills.
- Must have demonstrable skills in developing and documenting technical documents and reports.
- Provide mentoring and assistance to intermediate and junior DBA team members.
- Must be excellent team player.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).