Everbridge, Inc. is seeking a talented Oracle DBA for its Glendale, CA office to be an integral part of the platform engineering team that supports its flagship notification system. It requires excellent problem-solving skills along with strong communication skill. Specific duties include:
Candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in the following technologies and principles:
- Perform Oracle Systems Database Administration across multiple Oracle database environments and ensure 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical production applications.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of data and database systems by following a defined set of procedures (change control, security procedures, user passwords, backups, etc.).
- Maintain sound backup and error recovery procedures by participating in periodic backup audits, ensuring all databases are being backed-up.
- Ability to provide support in database usage, and database performance
- Pro-actively identifies and resolves database performance issues.
- Assume ownership of database related problems; pursue problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Assume ownership of database monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Work with DevOps teams to resolve technical performance issues/bottlenecks (e.g., network, storage, application)
- Ensures the database environment is highly reliable, provides the required functionality, is efficient, and cost effective.
- Perform various project related database requests.
- Understand, design and implement major application database structure, PL/SQL code, and SQL to help design and fix application functionality.
- Work alongside the development teams in the design, development, and implementation of Oracle objects. The applications groups rely on the DBA for guidance on design and implementation, including SQL stored procedures, triggers, functions and schemas.
- Develops work flow diagrams, data flow diagrams and data mapping documents.
- Develops and maintains the database configuration documentation and Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)
- Documents problems and actions taken to resolve the problem
- Strong desire to understand how applications interact with the database and recommend solutions that are efficient and better performance.
- Oracle Database 10gR2
- Oracle ASM
- Oracle RAC on 3+ nodes
- Oracle Streams Replication
- Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture
- Oracle TAF and FAN configuration
- Oracle RMAN and backup methodology (e.g. Flashback)
- Installation, configuration of Oracle server software and related products such as Data Guard and RAC on Red Hat Linux platform.
- Oracle performance tool like Statspack, AWR, SQL trace, TKPROF
- Experience in OS shell scripting
- Understanding of storage technologies like NAS and SAN
- TCP/IP networking
- Database capacity planning
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL troubleshooting and performance tuning.
Excellent to outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- 10+ years as an Oracle Database Administrator
- Experience with Oracle ASM/GRID/RAC (11gR2)
- Experience with managing multiple RDBMS on large, high availability 24x7 environments with RAC.
- Experience installing, patching, upgrading and maintaining Oracle database
- Configuration, backup/recovery, sizing, space management, PL/SQL tuning, diagnostics, and proficient with the use of Oracle's Enterprise Manager.
- Experience planning, configuring, and replicating Oracle Streams.
- Experience with DataPump and Oracle Advanced Security.
- Experience with RMAN & database recoveries.
- Experience with SQL statement tuning with detailed understating of Oracle s performance reports (AWR) and Stats-Pack PL/SQL performance tuning.
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent issues with minimal supervision & direction.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changes in database technology
- Available to work weekends/evenings as business needs arise.
- Participate in after-hours/weekends on call rotation.
Everbridge, Inc. - 6 months ago