An innovative and dynamic IT company is seeking an experienced Oracle and MSSQL DBA on Windows and Unix platforms.
We are looking for a highly experienced Oracle DBA to support multiple development, test and production database environments. This position will provide database administration support for existing production database environments and support the following related tasks: software installation, patch installation, upgrades, SQL/PLSQL development, configuration, database creation, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery support, implementation of backup and recovery. Candidate must have prior experience supporting Oracle RAC in a production environment using Oracle 10g or later.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of Oracle System Administration for development, test and production environments.
- Participate in the design, creation, and maintenance of relational databases.
- Diagnose and debug complicated performance, connectivity, and security issues involving critical applications.
- Perform Windows/Unix/Linux administration required for Oracle (setup system parameters, format drives, performance monitoring of Windows/Unix/Linux).
- Determine and implement best practices for Oracle setup. Provide DBA support such as proactive performance tuning and monitoring, trouble-shooting, back-up and recovery, auditing, partitioning, installations and configurations.
- Adhere to database security standards recommended by Oracle.
- Administer Microsoft SQL 2005 and/or 2008 database environments
Education / Experience:
- Oracle certification desired
- Bachelors Degree with at least 5 years of applicable experience.
- Preferred majors and minors include Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Information Management & Technology
- Must be flexible, adaptable to change, and able to multi task in a fast-paced diverse environment
- Qualified candidates need to have 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience.
- Must Have at least 3 years experience with Oracle 10G database administration, including Oracle RAC
- Must be able to participate in the design, creation, and maintenance of relational databases
- Must be able to manage the quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
- Must be able to develop database strategies to support organization requirements
- Must be able to consult with and advise users on access to various databases.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be very organized and a good team player
- Must be able to work directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage
- Must be able to direct the maintenance and use of the corporate data dictionary
10565 Fairfax Blvd, Suite 301 | Fairfax, VA 22030
(O) 703 372 0346 | (F) 703 478 0885
(E) Balajis@multivision.cc | www.multivision.cc
National Certified Minority Supplier (MBE)
Multivision Inc., is a global Professional IT Services firm having over 500 employees, posting an astounding growth rate of 200% over the past three years. Multivision's expertise embraces a broad range of technologies, domains and service offerings. Multivision is ranked 23rd amongst the Top 100 fastest-growing businesses in the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria-DC-VA-MD-WV region and 33rd amongst the Top 100 fastest-growing IT Services Companies in USA.
Multivision - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard