Our client is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator to join an existingproject team. Qualified candidates will be providing IT systems and storage operations and maintenance services for complex systems requiring high levels of reliability and performance. This position requires an extremely dynamic and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in fast-paced environments. Experience working in Federal Government or financial environments is preferred. This work will be performed at the client site in the Reston VA area. Candidates can be US Citizens or Green Card holders. Job function/duties include: The DBAs will be responsible for all aspects of DB administration such as build, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot databases. Provide technical expertise in database area throughout the life cycle of the projects such as preparing database objects, refresh databases from production to lower environment,migrate database objects from one environment to the other.
4 - 7 years of professional experiences in Oracle administration. Work experience in application DBA. Provide technical expertise in database area throughout the life cycle of the projects such as preparing database objects, refreshing databases from production to lower environment, migrating database objects from one environment to the other in accordance to SDLC. Maintain database operation environment with SOX compliance and adhere to corporate policy. Requires occasional off hour and weekend work. Qualifications Basic Qualifications: -Strong Oracle skills including but not limited to troubleshooting and performance and tuning
- Must be hands on and able to execute database changes at the command level,
- Strong communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be able to work off hours and weekends as needed basis. Additional Qualifications: -Oracle System DBA experience
- Autosys experience. Interested and qualified candidates should send resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
washingtonpost.com - 13 months ago