Oracle Database Administrator / DBA
Location: Princeton NJ
Lead Oracle DBA:
1. Install and upgrade and manage Oracle RAC databases with ASM as required on Linux and Solaris Operating systems.
2. Install, Upgrade and manage Oracle Grid Control
3. Troubleshoot and resolve RAC and Veritas clustering issues in all database environments
4. Performs all Oracle Database Administration related activities for major projects independently with minimal supervision.
5. Strong capability and ability to resolve highly technical and complex database and infrastructure related issues on their own before they impact production and business.
6. Provides technical expertise to the development of solutions for such items as DBMS tools and utilities usage, database administration, backup and recovery, database performance tuning and monitoring.
7. Assures quality of database analysis and design across projects, thus enabling company-wide data reusability.
8. Trouble-shoots database and/or software problems as they apply to design, implementation, or installation activities.
9. Schedules and coordinates database maintenance activities.
10. Coordinates and/or participates in database stress tests, analyzes results, and makes recommendations for design or coding changes based upon those results.
11. Participates in on-call, overnight off-hour production problem resolution activities.
12. Develops and maintains DBMS related standards and procedures, knows where they are located, and makes full use of them. Follows software development processes.
13. Researches, evaluates, and tests new software and DBMS related tools and facilities as they pertain to the existing DBMS environment, database designs, procedures, and applications.
14. Monitors current DBMS performance and develops procedures, where necessary, to improve the DBMS environment as required.
15. Identifies and supports quality improvement initiatives.
16. Performs other assignments to comply with the SR&T corporate purpose and mission to add business value, increase revenue, decrease costs, improve productivity, and support the strategic initiative/directive.
17. Complies with all security and audit standards. Ensures security of company information by ensuring database is secure and monitors environment to identify improper access.