We are looking for a senior level Oracle DBA with 7+ years experience. Other database experience like SQL Server, Cassandra, PostgreSQL is a plus. Your role will be to support database operations and work closely with application and infrastructure groups for new project initiatives.
* We are looking for mid-level to senior candidates only.
* Ideally you have been part of a support organization and involved in implementation projects.
* Demonstrated experience supporting an Oracle environment on Linux and UNIX.
* Experience working with project managers to implement new projects and resolve issues
* You have demonstrated experience liaising with customers of an IT organization.
Candidate will also provide support for additional systems providing recommendations for setup, layout and requirements. Ensure databases are accessible to mission applications, troubleshoot database related issues.
Candidate must have sufficient formal and/or information training experience in DBMS administration and maintenance, database design, analysis, and management. Experience as a systems analyst, database developer or modeler could be helpful.
* Manage corporate Oracle database architecture, interconnections, and schemas for the storage and retrieval of corporate information in a high transaction rate, mission critical 24x7 environments.
* Database planning, scaling, and capacity planning activities
* Database design, index creation, database optimization, and performance tuning
* Design and implement new data models, tables, and schemas to support new functionality as the business demands
* Administration and management of all database software patches and upgrades
* Ensure high availability, backup, and recovery of production databases
* Manage physical standby/failover servers in remote facilities
* Support the database application programming activities of the development group
* Work with developers to move test code into production
* Develop PL/SQL stored procedures to support applications
* Proven ability to manage an Oracle database infrastructure in a high transaction/high availability environment
* Knowledge and experience with Oracle database maintenance
* Strong skills in database protection, backup, and recovery (RMAN, DataGuard, etc...)
* Oracle RAC and other high availability architectures experience
* Data Warehousing experience (desired, but not required)
* Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to production of high quality documentation
* Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
* Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
* A University degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or a related discipline
* Oracle 9/10/11/12 Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) DBA
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a strong orientation towards customer service.
* Strong critical thinking and analytical skills\
* Exposure to ITIL / ITSM / Managed Services / DevOps / SOA operational models
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
GHX - 12 months ago