Intermountain Healthcare is a looking for a self-motivated, highly skilled Database Administrator. Are you someone who:
If this sounds like you than we want to talk to you! As an Intermountain Healthcare employee you will have the opportunity to work for a world renowned non-profit organization who's emphasis is on providing the best possible patient care at the lowest cost. As an employee of this great organization you will be a part of new medical system implementations. Your skills and knowledge will be used to help maintain and design systems that will reduce costs and improve medical care for patients within the Intermountain Healthcare system. You will also be a part of quality improvement projects that reduce costs and improve quality by looking at how individuals complete day to day tasks and how entire departments integrate with each other.
- Can take on new technology and become an expert in a short amount of time regardless if it's part of your knowledge base or not?
- Do you understand the inner workings of Oracle's Database product?
- Are you an expert in technologies such as ASM, RAC, HR Applications, Advanced Security, Advanced Compression, RMAN, Data Guard or Oracle Enterprise User Security?
- Do you get involved with the database user community to share your ideas and learn from the experiences of others?
- Does teaching others what you are constantly learning and improving on excite you?
- Do you seek to be an agent of change to constantly improve and make things better?
- When you have something to say that goes against popular opinion can you present your ideas in a way that influences others so that they share your passion?
The Database Administrator performs administration and provides operational support for corporate databases including backup, recovery, system availability, performance tuning, installation, security, and troubleshooting.
1. Consulting / Technical Evaluation
• Consults with customers and management to guide strategy for infrastructure, architecture, and cross application integration on large and complex projects.
• Consults with IT staff to determine impact of new applications or technology on IT infrastructure.
• Regularly presents at technology conferences and events or leads technology discussions with technology peers both within and outside the organization.
• Is seen as a leader in their field both within and outside of the organization.
• Regularly trains other IT staff in new areas of technology.
• Proactively researches and evaluates new technology.
• Leads cross team evaluations of new technology.
• Performs research and prepares technical studies and makes recommendations.
• Prepares requirements, feasibility studies and cost justification statements
2. Architectural Understanding
• Understands enterprise architecture across Intermountain IS.
• Recommends database architectural direction based on industry standard technology evaluations.
• Proactively uses understanding of current architecture to recommend and educate customers on improvements that lead to improved patient care, customer satisfaction, cost savings, reduced support time, scalability, reliability, performance, or recoverability.
• Proactively educates other team members on system wide architecture.
• Drives and passionately implements the spirit of the customer first, second to none, with his/her associates, colleagues, customers and vendors.
• Leads associates though change initiatives to drive positive business performance and results, challenges status quo and acts as a catalyst for change.
• Demonstrates a bias for action and speed to establish and sustain a competitive advantage.
• Fosters a mind set of continuous improvement in every process, person, and product. Creates a culture that relentlessly searches out and transfers best practices. Creates an expectation that continuous improvement is a way of life.
• Practices positive leadership by creating an environment in which associates are eager to share ideas, best practices and feedback.
• Energizes associates by consistently providing recognition and rewards.
• Implements plans using resources efficiently, establishes clear lines of responsibility, and organizes effectively to deliver results that meet or exceed targets and commitments. Demands excellence in others' execution and accountability of results.
4. Project Leadership
• Follows project management best practices in managing large, complex, enterprise projects.
• Determines project scope and project architectural standards.
• Proactively anticipates, reduces and remediates road blocks or setbacks a project may have related to technology or customer related issues.
• Develops and applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts across multiple technology disciplines.
• Is sought out amongst peers as the 'best in class' for a given area of expertise.
• Actively networks and builds professional relationships throughout the company as well as in community and national forums.
7. Problem Solving
• Develops solutions to complex problems across multiple platforms, technologies and computing environments.
• Has highly developed problem solving skills within their area of database technology leading to reduced impact to customers.
This position will work with confidential and proprietary information that requires a signed IT Employee Invention and Confidentiality Agreement upon hire.
- Bachelor's degree OR four or more years of work experience in information technology. Intermountain Healthcare verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- One or more years of work experience in information technology
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience
- Experience in database administration
- Oracle Certified Associate or Oracle Certified Professional (Must be willing to obtain certification within one year of hire)
- Experience with the following:
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle Applications R12 experience
- Data Guard
- Oracle 10g and 11g
- Tuxedo Administration
- Oracle Database Performance Tuning
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...