This position will work as part of the OIS Oracle team during Release 2, Revenue Management (financials, billing, pricing) and Release 3 (Operations). Currently, there is (1) opening that would start on the project in asap this year (2013).
• Monitoring database performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users
• Installing, configuring, testing, upgrading of Oracle database management system
• Creating user accounts and controlling access permissions and privileges at the UNIX and Database level.
• Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
• Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
• Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
• Monitor systems and platforms for availability.
• Restore and recover corrupted databases
• Patch Management. Includes monitoring the current system patch level, identifying and installing new patches, testing and promoting patches to other instances as identified in the instance management document per the patching strategy.
• Working closely with IT project managers, IT technical lead and developers
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Perform periodic backup’s of instances. Includes planned/scheduled backups and on demand backups.
• Perform cloning from source to target instances
• Communicate system downtimes, patching, cloning schedules.
• Installing third party applications
• Build database schema, tables, indexes, procedures and permissions. Creating grants, synonyms, sequences.
• Create scripts for task automation. Includes pre and post cloning steps.
• Bouncing of application servers as requested by technical team or any self service configuration that need the application servers to be bounced.
• Analyze and tune database for optimal efficiency
• Provide 24/7 support for Production issues and failover.
• Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
• Perform application tuning and performance monitoring. Includes running gather schema, table, index statistics.
• Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
• Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
• Generating Trace files, Explain Plan to support issues and as needed by Oracle Support.
• Migrate RICEW objects
• Starting and Stopping the Database. This will also include any SysAdmin tasks such as Starting and Stopping Oracle Transaction Managers and Concurrent Managers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with Omnicare business and financial and operational processes
• 3-5 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration, 11g preferred
• Experience in Oracle E-Business R12 a plus
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
Same as above
Omnicare, Inc - 30+ days ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider, dis...