Let’s Work Together
Database Administrator III
This position is based in Albany, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Managed Services
At nfrastructure, we continually look for ways to create sustainable value for our customers. We do that first and foremost by delivering unmatched performance to more than 150 large enterprises across North America. nfrastructure’s Managed Services Division embodies that pursuit. This new division is responsible for designing, building and operating the infrastructure that will support our managed services customers such as NYS DOT and the Research Foundation of SUNY. It will be responsible for managing and maintaining the new Cloudtricity environment, the planned desktop virtualization offering, and the new Oracle application environment, to cite a few. Similarly, Managed Services will be responsible for and providing these same managed services to our nployees as customers of the managed services division, from networking to desktops, from active directory to unified communications and everything in between. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, Managed Services may be the right place for you.
The role: Database Administrator III
The Database Administrator III will be responsible for developing, testing and coordinating changes to the Oracle technology stack to maintain a high level of system reliability. You will devise or modify solutions to solve the most complex problems, keeping in mind the capacity and limitations of the equipment, operating time, and the form of desired results. The Database Administrator III will serve as a top-level technical contributor in one or more phases of business applications system administration and development.
- Design and evaluate new solutions including new products and changes to existing solutions to continuously improve the reliability of the Business Applications
- Responsible for tool, configuration and administration of third party products related to core Oracle architecture, (i.e. Appworx and PPM)
- Patch internal databases and third party tools
- Monitor current architecture continuously
- Provide technical support to application development and work closely with team members
- Perform database troubleshooting with the vendor and ongoing configuration management
- Research and provide recommendation of new software
- Recommend improvements to architecture management processes and procedures
- Evaluate and benchmark new infrastructure components, hardware and software, by rating the areas of component functionality, capacity, system compatibility, efficiency and security
- Ensure compliance with all supporting change control and problem management policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Minimum 7-10 years Oracle Database administration on a Unix platform (AIX, Solaris), Oracle 10g and 11g
- Must have the following experience
- Installation, configuration, upgrading, patching and tuning of Oracle 10g/11g Database Server software
- Installation, configuration, upgrading, patching and tuning of Oracle E-Business Suite Applications 11i/R12
- OBIEE 10g/11g & BPEL processes with Oracle SOA Suite and OID/SSO 10g.
- Configuration of OSSO with third party applications
- Administration of standalone Oracle HTTP Server 10g/11g /Oracle Web Cache 10g/11g
- Installation and configuration of Fusion Middleware products (i.e. WebLogic 11g, OBIEE 10g/11g, OAM 10g/11g)
- Superior analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience creating innovative solutions with a superior technical approach that drives business strategies
- Strong documentation skills, especially regarding the documentation of complex technologies for wide technology distribution and understanding (i.e. level 0-2 architecture diagrams)
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor towards clients, partners and peers
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/company/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.