This is a 12-month ASASP Unit III position - Table 900 - Grade 28
Salary Range: $59,042 - $98,847
Closing Date: April 30, 2013
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Designs, builds, and implements changes, extensions and enhancements to Oracle/SMAX application program and reports according to software standards and conventions;
- Reviews and debugs existing customizations and reports as necessary;
- Meets with non-technical staff to define user requirements;
- Assists with and/or conduct training programs for analysts/developers, consultants and users;
- Coordinates development and maintenance of a test environment including procedures for migration to production environment;
- Coordinates and supports interfaces to legacy systems as required;
- Documents all procedures used in reports and customizations;
- Updates technical skills and knowledge through continuous self-study, self-discovery, tutorials, and classes; and
- Troubleshoots programs and issues encountered by system users, suggest resolutions, and resolve those problems and issues.
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP technical database foundation and table structure and relationships;
- Working functional knowledge of two to three Oracle ERP modules;
- Working knowledge of SchoolMax technical database and data structure;
- Must be able to use Oracle development tools to prepare reports and extracts for the business and instructional staff to support the school System;
- Working knowledge of Oracle Development tools such as Developer 6i (Forms and Reports), APEX, SQL*plus, SQL*loader, Oracle Software Utilities, Workflow and Alerts, Discoverer 10g web, Custom Library (PLL) and SQL performance tuning;
- Working knowledge of third party Oracle development tools such as TOAD, SQL;
- Ability to write interfaces between third party systems and Oracle ERP, Oracle Data Warehouse and SchoolMax, our student information Management System; and
- Good communications skills to express Business and technical concepts.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, a proven record of success as an Oracle Developer, and five (5) years of Oracle ERP application development experience required. Preferred candidates with report writing experience, Oracle APEX development tool.
Direct Deposit is expected as a condition of new hire employment.
Based on the settlement agreement reached in Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor v. Prince George's County Board of Education, OALJ Case No. 2011-LCA-00026, PGCPS is ineligible to sponsor foreign nationals for U.S. employment under any temporary or permanent visa program. As a condition of employment, all applicants for employment must be qualified to work in the United States without sponsorship by PGCPS. If you are not work-authorized and would require PGCPS to sponsor you for a work visa you will not be considered for employment
Prince George's County Public Schools - 15 months ago