Position: Oracle Developer
Location: Albany, NY
Duration: 24 months
Daily Tasks include not not limited to the following:
1. Maintain and enhance the existing applications. Review business requirement documents developed by the Analysis team. Review and interpret the SAS code which was used to analyze newly proposed indicators. Use the logic in the SAS code as the basis for development of new PL/SQL processes which will load data to the Datamart.
2. Develop new Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes in consultation with the data warehouse group. Optimize ETL processes to minimize load time. Structure data to conform to the architecture. Collaborate with the evaluation groups to ensure that the data are modeled as needed to support the existing applications and other reporting requirements. Review existing ETL processes to determine if further optimization can be achieved and review latest techniques for ongoing performance tuning.
3. Develop analytical processes to examine both source and target data to improve data quality and integrity. Create an executive dashboard to display metrics on data quality from the various data sources. Design high level reports which track data quality over time by data source and type. Provide drill-down capabilities so managers can implement initiatives to improve the quality and completeness of those data.
4. Develop a usage tracking Datamart and data mining tools which will be used to (i) assess which portions of the application are under-utilized, and (ii) support statistical analysis of the impact of usage on fiscal and clinical outcomes.
5. Research national best practices for data modeling, interoperability, security, and data sharing. Use that knowledge to propose architectures and application programming interfaces which support national Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Regional Health Information Organization (RHIO) efforts.
Dew Softech - 20 months ago