Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to understand functional requirements given by business process owners and create high level design and application design documentation.
- Responsible for requirements review and interaction with Data Analyst team.
- Responsible for planning, design and implementation of projects and product features.
- Application back-end development with Oracle PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions, and Triggers.
- Produce and maintain reusable high quality Oracle PL/SQL Stored Packages and Procedures.
- Responsible for unit and integration tests.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and debugging the application issues within the committed timeframe.
- Work with other members of the development team to ensure successful implementation and integration of projects and product features.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with the Data Analyst, Support and other members of the Development team.
- Work continuously to improve efficiency and repeatability of processes and procedures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science or Business Information System Management is preferred.
- More than five years experiences working in a professional Oracle Database Server development environment including at least one year experience working with Oracle PL/SQL development life cycle.
- Insurance industry experiences preferred.
- Computer/Software Skills and Abilities
- 4+ years working with Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- 5+ years programming Oracle Database Server technology, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, SQL-Developer, Oracle Procedure Builder.
- 2+ years programming and manipulating other relational database management system a plus.
- Programming background in c, c++ a plus.
- Experience designing and developing Web applications a plus.
- Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly with requestors and fellow team members.
- Ability to plan tasks in a logical and achievable manner.
- Ability to summarize, conclude, and report on analytical results in both tabular and graphical formats.