Oracle Applications Technical Manager
The Oracle Applications Technical Manager is responsible for the performance, functionality and reliability of the Oracle EBS consisting of Financials, Oracle Purchasing, and Oracle Projects. This position manages Technical and Functional Oracle Specialists. Functions in both development and support role for new and improvements/implementation projects. Works with the management team to establish strategies and priorities for the overall enterprise by analyzing and understanding the current and future applications needs in order to formulate and recommend technology plans to keep pace with the business demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage team to provide on-site and on-call Production support, in order to resolve application issues in a timely manner.
- Prior experience supporting and maintaining Oracle Financials, Oracle Purchasing, and Oracle Projects applications
- Prior experience with Production Support operations and procedures, and define procedures based on corporate policy and compliance
- Assist with the planning of application changes, and installation of upgrades and new releases. This involves interacting with IT, Business and Product teams
- Ensure service level availability of the Oracle applications and related interfaces
- Design, Develop, Test and implement application extensions and enhancements.
- Develop, document and enforce application standards and procedures
- Review Functional/Technical Design and implementation documents.
- Work with cross project teams to resolve technical performance issues/bottlenecks (e.g., data center, security, network, storage, application)
- Ensures 24x7 application software availability in support of mission critical business requirements.
- Provide on-call support and break/fix/enhancement activities to resolve application issues
- Ensures overall success of a wide range of projects of varying levels of complexity, including project initiation and planning, testing, implementation, and closeout.
- Establishes and maintains positive business relationships with managers and staff in their functional areas, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the business, their processes, and their priorities, and ensures that system functionality and performance meet current and future business requirements.
- Interacts with the business users to understand their business needs.
- Serves as the Project Manager for the business, as well as engage in vendor management for projects requiring in-depth systems expertise.
- Creates quality project plans, manages dashboard reports, issues lists, risk logs, cross-functional team requirements and group presentations.
- Provides the technology vision and leadership to support the organization’s overall strategic vision, mission, and culture.
- Develops and enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of the organization’s IT assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of information entrusted to or maintained by the organization.
- Participates in the analysis, review and evaluation of documentation and business processes related to defining projects to a set of manageable tasks.
Desired Skills and Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
ADDITIONAL SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED:
- Ability to work effectively and manage priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be comfortable in matrix management environments and work effectively with others in managing complex issues
- Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its applications
- Must be customer focused; possess excellent communication skills both written and oral; along with strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have experience with Financials, Order Mgmt., Adv. Pricing, Service Contracts, Install Base, Quality, Pricing, Adv. Pricing, TCA Customer Model, iProcurement, iReceivables, iPayables.
- Proficient in Oracle E-Business Suite 11i Technical foundation and table structures
- Proficient in ER Design, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning.
- Experience with Oracle Applications Technology foundation, Oracle Forms, Reports, Workflow, XML Publisher and Oracle EBS Tech Stack tools
- Experience with Application Object Library (AOL), Concurrent Manager and Flexfields.
- Experience with OA Framework, 11i Forms Personalization, Oracle JDeveloper, Self Service web forms.
- Experience with Software development life cycle and ITIL best practices.
- Experience working with Oracle application API’s, conversions and interfaces programs
- Flexible, self-directed and motivated individual, able to accommodate to shifting priorities.
- Project Management Experience and Project leadership skills including resource management, project planning and tracking, estimating, risk analysis, sponsor relations, status communication, problem identification and resolution
- Understanding of Business Processes utilizing Oracle Application Flows across the E-Business suites.
- Experience in managing application package acquisition, integration and implementation as well as new development.
- Ability to analyze and interpret comprehensive business processes, complex problems, operational needs, perform in-depth work analyses, and develop computer-generated flow charts.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment, group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize resources, establish priorities, demonstrate discipline and independent judgment.
- Successful Customer facing experience and effective team collaboration.
- Experience using Oracle 10g database technology is highly encouraged. Experience with Oracle
- Must be a team player and be willing to work alongside technology staff to get the job done.
- Experience with EBS Release 12 and has been part of a migration
- Experience with Lawson HR
- Experience with UC4
- Experience with Essbase and Hyperion
- Experience with OBIEE