The Oracle Human Resource Business Analyst is responsible for the support, maintenance and configuration of Oracle E-Business Suite applications including Human Resources and Self Service HR.
The incumbent is the primary point-of-contact for reporting and disseminating meaningful HR data and metrics throughout the organization. This role supports all HRIS initiatives.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Understand business problems, processes and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals
- Understand and provide support around reporting to streamline business processes
- Develop protocols around documentation, customizations, system impacts and consistency
- Provide users with additional training regarding Oracle and business best practices
- Assist with configurations and systems impacts
- Liaison with IT around HR needs and improvements (i.e.: ESS, MSS)
- Own, define and document system landscape
- Understands and serves as point of contact for various HR interfaces (i.e.: Taleo, Boomi, ADP Connection, ADP Payforce, AON Hewitt)
Support and Maintenance:
- Ensure integrity of HRIS data through regular audits; resolving irregularities and partnering with peers to research, correct discrepancies, and ensure compliance
- Establishes, maintains and promotes effective relationships to ensure the smooth flow of data and to prevent, address and resolve data discrepancies. Trains users on effective and proper data entry methods
- Identify ways to reduce risk of error and Kaizen
Implementations and Testing:
- Fully understands HRIS data entry procedures in Oracle to provide troubleshooting and support for end-users
- Ability to enter employee transactions (new hires, terminations, job changes, changes/adds/updates) in HRIS
- Troubleshoots end-user log-on and other system access issues
- Actively participates in the design, implementation and testing of new Oracle functionalities and version releases
- Design, develop, deliver and maintain all HRIS reports to support current business needs/initiatives
- Provide timely metrics, trends, statistical data analysis and graphical representation to management as required utilizing HRIS, Excel and other applications to manipulate, analyze and logically present data to end users
- Identifies data requirements required for specific project or report requests. Includes identifying data mapping and definition required to fulfill request
- Experience with state reporting (EEO-1, Veterans, Affirmative Action Plans, etc)
- Assist in other areas of the HR function as required to complete special projects or support HR initiatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Areas of Expertise(preferred)
- Substantial proven reporting experience and excellent analytical skills with a demonstrated understanding of the concepts and issues unique to the management of HR data preferred
- Tenacity to forage through rows of data from a variety of sources and realize patterns and trends that can be translated into meaningful reports that answer business questions
- Ability to interact with HR and external customers regarding their reporting requests, answer questions, and explain data as required
- Knowledgeable of implementing data integrity techniques to promote the accuracy and reliability of stored data
- Strong understanding of HRIS design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools
- Ability to create spreadsheets, pivot tables and visual aids (e.g., bar graphs) to demonstrate data trends and format data for reporting. Ability to interpret graphs and charts as they relate to the HR data
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Human Resources field (including Recruiting, Benefits, Payroll, Employee Relations, Performance Management and Training)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of working experience with Human Resource Information Systems and reporting tools either in an HR function or in a technical function supporting HR preferred.
- Oracle reporting experience a plus
- Must possess exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Oracle System Administration (defining users, responsibilities, creating functions, menus, request sets, lookup types and value sets) preferred
Oracle 12.06 & 12.13 –- Excel, Access - Database Structure & Design
Data Migration/Reporting - Enterprise E-Time - Technical Support
Networking & Data Integration – Compliance - User Training
Sungard AS - 20 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...