Organization: Systems Integration and Technology
Location preference: - NY/NJ/Chicago/Minneapolis/Dallas
Travel: 100% (Monday - Friday)
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
workforce is involved in business consulting, process design work and the application of technologies to business. A career in Consulting is varied and stimulating because each project presents a new challenge and will give you exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We need people who are able to challenge conventional thought, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our clients.
Working as a consultant with Accenture, you will build core business, technology and industry expertise helping to deliver world-class business and technology solutions that enable clients to become high performance businesses. Consultants must be professionals who have an interest in how business processes work and interact. In addition, consultants need to apply their skills in project and program management while exhibiting leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, and organizational change. Finally, consultants also need to have a working knowledge of the industry and/or the functional areas they serve.
The Consulting workforce is made up of three groups: Management Consulting, Systems Integration Consulting and Technology Consulting. This consulting group structure provides outstanding opportunities to develop highly specialized skills that will help you advance your career.
Systems Integration Consulting
professionals are responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that marry processes with technology to help our clients achieve high performance.
professionals design, implement and deploy Oracle solutions to achieve defined business goals. They maintain skills in Oracle applications process design and configuration; Oracle application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; and Oracle application technical architecture.
Oracle Retail Technical Architecture
are responsible for understanding and implementing Oracle Retail Systems at Accenture's clients. As an Architecture professional, you will be responsible for developing deep skills in areas of Oracle Retail technology and for identifying ways in which such technology can be used by Accenture to deliver differentiated solutions and services to clients. Oracle Retail Technical Architecture professionals have extensive technology-centric backgrounds, have experience in delivering solutions based on advanced technology and are self-starters who are enthusiastic about technology and have a deep personal interest in working on the leading edge.
Key responsibilities may include:
• Work with the customer and end users to define application and technical requirements. Ensure that these requirements tie back to the established customer requirements and performance goals and that the technical direction is consistent with the client's long-term strategy.
• Understand the capabilities and limitations of the technical environments for Oracle Retail
• Review and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements.
• Review and integrate the technical architecture requirements.
• Assist with decisions regarding hardware, network products, system software, and security
• Lead the application and technical architecture analysis, design, and implementation, and ensure that the product fulfills the requirements. When applicable, work with the integration solution architect on these tasks.
• Work with the support unit to determine how the application is supported in production, including back-ups, disaster recovery, system performance, and project management.
• Review application and technical architecture deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and requirement traceability.
• Identify and communicate any cross-area or cross-release issues that affect other project areas.
• Ensure adherence to all quality management plans and standards by participating in quality management reviews as outlined in Verification and Validation Overview.
• Validate the design with the stakeholders to ensure that the design satisfies the requirements.
• Own the design, build, and test of all technical architecture components/solutions
• Perform hardware sizing and capacity planning as required to support the solution.
• Perform LAN (e.g., end-user sites and data center) as well as WAN (connection from data center to remote end users) load analysis and sizing/capacity planning as required to support the solution.
• Ability to travel
• 5+ years of experience implementing Technical Architecture for Oracle Retail systems including Merchandise Order Management and Retek Predictive Application Server
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with a large professional service organization preferred
• Experience working in a multi-site development environment
• Experience with full software development lifecycyle strongly preferred
Professional Skill Requirements
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Desire to work in an information systems environment
• Strong team players able to work effectively with business and IT professionals
• Ability to estimate work and build complex work plans
• Ability to lead teams and deliver results through others
• Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require
now or in the future
sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture - 13 months ago
For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers a...